Letters to inmates

Kbardin

There is an inmate in federal prison in texas for beating on juveniles as a jailer in batesville arkamsas when she was supposed to be protecting and helping them. I was one of her victims 16 years ago and unfortunalty, she was sentenced in 2019 before i found out she was finally caught and was never able to give a victims impact statement of my own. Childhood trauma and fear of authority figures seeped into my adulthood and id love to write her a letter for my own closure. She is due to be released in april and i need to know how to write a single letter to her for my own closure.

You can look them up by name here:

That will tell you the exact facility they are in (click on the facility to get the prison’s address). You can write to them by addressing the letter to:

Inmate Name (12345-123)
123 Main Street
Somewhere, TX 55555

That search will also give you their register number. Be sure to include their register number after their name when addressing it like above.

If she’s due to be released in April, I’d do it quick… she may go to a halfway house before April (if she hasn’t already), and no easy way to get the address of the halfway house.

I looked on there already and it does say that she is already in a halfway house but doesnt give an adress or name of the halfway house she is in.

I looked on there already and it does say that she is already in a halfway house but doesnt give an adress or name of the halfway house she is in.
Ya, unfortunately there isn’t a way to locate someone at a specific halfway house.

If it’s purely for your own closure, you may want to consider writing the letter as if you were going to send it and then just not send it. Closure (usually) comes from putting your thoughts on paper, not so much the mailing or knowing they received it.

Basically the mailing it to the right address is infinitely more difficult for a halfway house because the way to get their address at a halfway house involves them specifically telling you. Or maybe calling every halfway house to see if they will tell you if they are there (but as you can imagine, that’s a crazy amount of work and they might not even tell you).

Back