Dear InmateIntake Community

burk84707

I hope this message finds you in good spirits, despite the challenges we face. I’ve spent a significant amount of time reading through the posts on this platform, and I’ve noticed a common thread of difficulty and confusion when it comes to navigating the correctional system. It’s clear that many families are doing their best under trying circumstances.

I want to express my empathy for those who feel overwhelmed by the complexities of the system. It’s not always intuitive, and the lack of clear guidance can be disheartening. However, I believe that with a bit of guidance and support, we can all learn how to manage essential tasks such as funding our loved ones’ accounts and maintaining communication with them.

On the other hand, it’s disconcerting to see just how challenging it can be for families to locate their incarcerated loved ones and provide them with the comfort they deserve. The system’s shortcomings should not be a barrier to supporting and connecting with family members who are incarcerated.

As someone who has navigated these waters for 16 years across various facilities, I’ve accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience that I am eager to share. I understand the ins and outs of the system, and I’m here to answer your questions honestly and to the best of my ability.

Please feel free to reach out with any inquiries or if you need assistance. Together, we can bridge the gap of understanding and make a tangible difference in the lives of those we care about.

Then that is definitely wrong. I can understand them not letting you take them in as there is no way for them to know that the drugs are what you say they are. (and they don't want you muscling in on their own little drug importation scam). I assume you called the warden about the drugs? See if you can get a letter from your loved one's doctor and take that to the warden. Other than that my advice would be to call the local ombudsman (a google search should identify them).
We thought it was odd they asked him to bring in the medications. We also included the physician's prescription orders. Everything they asked for and more was provided to ensure there were no information gaps. Nothing happened when reporting to warden

We thought it was odd they asked him to bring in the medications. We also included the physician's prescription orders. Everything they asked for and more was provided to ensure there were no information gaps. Nothing happened when reporting to warden
Then I would contact the ombudsman. They shouldn't withhold medication from the inmates.

My husband is from Indianapolis & was moved last month to Oklahoma, we knew that wasn’t permanent, now last week he was moved to Atlanta!! I’m worried sick bc it’s a terrible prison & he is on lockdown & only comes out every other day for 1 hour & hasn’t even done anything! Apparently that’s how they do things! He is classified as “low” security & says he is in a section that people are still fighting their cases so we’re wondering if this is just another temporary moves as well, God willing! His judge recommended a prison closer to home that he requested because of the programs they offer. Also, when he ordered commissary they wouldn’t even allow him to order shower shoes, could this be because the move is only temporary as well? Is there any way to find out where he may be going permanently in the federal system?

Back